[SciPy-User] Vector Field Generation

Dan Stowell dan.stowell@eecs.qmul.ac...
Tue Aug 21 04:14:30 CDT 2012

Hi -

It's not clear to me, if you are "generating" child points or
"classifying" them. Your question about nearest-neighbour makes it sound
like you're classifying the child points according to their parent.

Nearest-neighbour search would work fine in your example BUT not in the
space of location [x,y]. it looks like nearest-neighbours in a joint
space of location and velocity [x,y, a * dx, a * dy] would work OK
(where "a" is a scaling factor to weight position-vs-velocity); or even,
just velocity alone.

HTH
Dan