[SciPy-User] Scipy.test() crashes Idle

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Aug 25 09:10:03 CDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 2:58 AM, Scott Sinclair
<scott.sinclair.za@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 24, 2012 10:52 PM, "Chris Stehlik" <chrisfs59@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to scipy and python itself. I was told to run scipy.test() to
>> check it. I have a pc running Windows XP with the Enthought Free Python
>> distribution 2.7.3 with Numpy 1.6.1 and Scipy 0.10.1. When I run
>> scipy.test() in Idle, it crashes part way through. Numpy.test() goes through
>> with no problems, but scipy.test() crashes each time.
>> How does one go about reporting a bug one this ?
>
> What happens if you open a command prompt and run:
>
> python -c "import scipy; scipy.test()"

a question given this and 2 tickets, and since I haven't updated scipy yet

scipy 0.10.1
does scipy.test() now run also weave? or the slow tests.

weave tests (compiled with mingw) have been crashing on windows for
ages in my experience, so I never run them.

Josef