[SciPy-User] Tensioned Spline interpolation

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel@gmail....
Thu Aug 30 12:30:44 CDT 2012

Gary

I am not familiar with the "tension" terminology, but it sounds like a
smoothing parameter. scipy.interpolate.UnivariateSpline provides splines
with smoothing. You might also try the scikit "datasmooth"

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/scikits.datasmooth/0.61

While not exactly a spline implementation, it computes a trend-line
through 1D data with user-specified or automatically determined smoothing.

HTH,
Jonathan