[SciPy-User] distributions - who got the most ?

Travis Oliphant travis@continuum...
Mon Dec 3 21:50:43 CST 2012

On Dec 3, 2012, at 9:30 PM, josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:

> scipy.stats has more than 90 distributions.
>
> Do we want to increase it by almost a factor of 10? :)

That is pretty cool.   I would personally love to see this sort of thing.  This might be a good project to propose to NumFOCUS for an enterprising young student / mentor combination under the Technical Fellowship Program.   Josef would be a good mentor for this sort of thing.

The John Hunter Technical Fellowship is a 3 month to 18 month program where a student / post-doc works with a mentor (both of whom receive funding) on some project of interest to the scientific computing community.    Proposals are reviewed by a grant team.     We are just getting this program started and need good projects and mentors.      Students can submit proposals and can often be matched with a mentor.

Contact numfocus@googlegroups.org to inquire or send a proposal.

-Travis