[SciPy-User] computing f and fprime in one evaluation in scipy.optimize

ali rahimi alicsailmitedu@gmail....
Mon Dec 10 00:23:07 CST 2012

When minimizing a function f(x), df/dx can often also be computed with little additional effort. Yet the routines in scipy.optimize accept df/dx as a separate function fprime which must repeat much of the computation of f.

do the scipy.optimize routines allow me to compute f and fprime simultaneous in one call? this is important to me because each evaluation in my case takes ~10 minutes and a few iterations of the optimizer is all i need.