[SciPy-User] Calling LAPACK function dbdsqr()?

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Fri Dec 14 09:42:44 CST 2012

If you are building SciPy from source, just add the interface to
scipy/linalg/flapack.pyf.src and scipy.linalg.lapack.get_lapack_funcs
will get it for you. I would be nice if SciPy exposed all of LAPACK,
even the parts it doesn't use, but currently it don't.

If you're not building SciPy from source, yopu can e.g. write a .pyf
file for dbdsqr and use f2py and and link with your LAPACK library. If
you prefer to avoid Fortran, but already have a LAPACK library, you can
also use LAPACKE with Cython (or ctypes).

Sturla