[SciPy-User] Calling LAPACK function dbdsqr()?

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Fri Dec 14 10:07:44 CST 2012

On 14.12.2012 16:48, Philip Semanchuk wrote:

> Thanks, Sturla. Our code is distributed to others as part of an application suite. We don't ask our users to compile anything, nor can we necessarily predict what libraries will be available on the machine outside of our app's prerequisites. Our app requires numpy and scipy, so I was really hoping to get at it from one of those two libraries.

I know, I constantly run into the same issue.

For example with the latest Enthought Python, I do this to get LAPACK:

intel_mkl = ctypes.CDLL('mk2_rt.dll')

Then I can call LAPACKE functions in the MKL library:

LAPACKE_dbdsqr = intel_mkl.LAPACKE_dbdsqr

And if I want to use it from Cython, I must do this conversion:

    <void*> (<Py_intptr_t> ctypes.cast(LAPACKE_dbdsqr,
ctypes.c_void_p).value)

which gives me the address of LAPACKE_dbdsqr in a void*.

Sturla