[SciPy-User] Introducing Pyzo - scientific computing in Python 3

Almar Klein a.klein@science-applied...
Fri Dec 21 06:56:50 CST 2012

Hi all,

It is with great pleasure that we announce the first version of the Pyzo
distro: a Python distribution for scientific computing, based on Python 3.

For more information, and to give it a try, visit http://www.pyzo.org.

Pyzo is available for Windows and Linux, and we expect a version for Mac
soon. The distribution is portable, thus providing a way to install a
scientific Python stack on computers without the need for admin rights.

Naturally, Pyzo distro is complient with the scipy-stack, and also comes
with packages such as scikit-image and scikit-learn.

With Pyzo we want to make scientific computing in Python easier accessible.
We try to make the user experience coherent. Pyzo uses  IEP as the default
front-end IDE, and IPython (with notebook) is also available.

We especially hope to make it easier for newcomers (such as Matlab
converts) to join our awesome community. We realize that for a large part
of the current community Python 2 is still the most common version.
Nevertheless, we hope that you will give it a try and let us know what you
think.

Happy holidays,

- Almar, Rob and Ludo

PS: sorry for the cross-post, but I think that at least the introduction
would be of interest to both scipy-user as numfocus.