[SciPy-User] ANN: IEP 3.1 - the Interactive Editor for Python

Almar Klein a.klein@science-applied...
Fri Dec 21 16:09:24 CST 2012

Mmm. Installation works using the code from the code repository, but I
haven't properly tested on the code that distutils uploads to pypi. I more
or less assumed that would work as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My suggestion (besides using the binarie) is to install from the cloned
repository, see also https://code.google.com/p/iep/issues/detail?id=139

Thanks for the report!

- Almar

On 21 December 2012 19:27, osman buyukisik <osman@fuse.net> wrote:

> On 12/21/2012 01:11 PM, Flavio Coelho wrote:
> > yes, but the installation is broken (at least for me: ubuntu 12.10):
> >
> > $ sudo pip install iep
> > [sudo] password for fccoelho:
> > Downloading/unpacking iep
> >   Downloading iep-3.1.1.linux64.tar.gz (17.3Mb): 17.3Mb downloaded
> >   Running setup.py egg_info for package iep
> >     Traceback (most recent call last):
> >       File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
> >     IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> > '/home/fccoelho/build/iep/setup.py'
> >     Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
> >     Traceback (most recent call last):
> >
> >   File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
> >
> > IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> > '/home/fccoelho/build/iep/setup.py'

> > Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 in
> > /home/fccoelho/build/iep
> > Storing complete log in /home/fccoelho/.pip/pip.log
> >

> With ubuntu 11.10 I have the same error:
>   sudo pip install iep
> [sudo] password for osman:
> Downloading/unpacking iep
>    Downloading iep-3.1.1.linux64.tar.gz (17.3Mb): 17.3Mb downloaded
>    Running setup.py egg_info for package iep
>      Traceback (most recent call last):
>        File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
>      IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/home/osman/build/iep/setup.py'
>      Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
>      Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>    File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
>
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/home/osman/build/iep/setup.py'

Almar Klein, PhD
Science Applied
phone: +31 6 19268652