[SciPy-User] spline interpolators silently failing on NaNs

pawel.kw@gmai... pawel.kw@gmai...
Sat Dec 22 06:51:02 CST 2012

Hi,

I have also encountered this problem on several occasions-every time I forget about this and it takes some time before I realise what's wrong. I could try to implement a NaN check, resulting with an error message. Can someone point me to some instructions on how to contribute properly? I guess there's an official way of submitting code - I've never done this. I have some experience with svn and git (I use it regularly for some private projects), I'd be happy to contribute.

Cheers,

Pawel

On Dec 21, 2012 23:02, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
21.12.2012 23:33, Ralf Gommers kirjoitti:

[clip]

> Yes, a check in functions in fitpack2.py for NaNs as well as duplicate

> points and monotonicity where applicable would be quite useful.

The NaN check could be done on the output of the spline fitting routine

--- then, you can just check one of the values (since NaNs always

propagate to fill the whole spline fit), rather than needing to check

all of the input values, which is slower.

--

Pauli Virtanen