[SciPy-User] Anyone Interested in Developing Simulation Software for Biological Wastewater Treatment?

Kai Zhang toogad@gmail....
Sun Dec 23 16:25:00 CST 2012

Hi All,

I am an environmental engineer who focus on biological wastewater treatment
system design, including both municipal and industrial applications.

I am interested in expanding the application of Python and Scipy into
biological wastewater treatment modeling. There are expensive commercial
softwares like BioWin and GPS-X, but they are proprietary, not available
for Linux (not sure about MacOSX), and many engineers in small design firms
don't have access to them.

Does anyone have the same interest? Maybe we can form a team to work
something out.

I have to admit I am fairly new to Python and Scipy. But I am very
confident that this can be done nicely with the great support from this
community and the easy use of Python. And it will be great benefit to both
students and engineers that are interested in wastewater treatment modeling.

Thank you all in advance!

Best Regards,

Kai Zhang

--