[SciPy-User] ask.scipy.org registration not working

Jason Grout jason-sage@creativetrax....
Thu Feb 9 10:38:37 CST 2012

On 2/9/12 10:08 AM, Robert Kern wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 15:42, Jason Grout<jason-sage@creativetrax.com>  wrote:
>
>> It looks like a python stackexchange site was just proposed:
>> http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/38281/python-programmers-hub
>
> And immediately shot down. StackOverflow wants all programming
> questions on StackOverflow.

However, there is a mathematica stackexchange proposal:
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/37304/mathematica

So it seems that they might be open to sites that are dedicated to using
specific software.

Or is it just as good for people to tag posts with numpy, scipy, or
matplotlib on the stackoverflow site?  That seems reasonable too.
Already there are 1313 matplotlib questions (7 today), 2062 numpy
questions (5 asked today), 703 scipy questions (10 asked this week), and
275 ipython questions.  It is easy to "follow" these questions
too---just search for the tag in the tags area, click on the tag, and
click "subscribe".  At least, I think that's how it works.  It looks
like lots of people here might already be following those areas.

Thanks,

Jason