[SciPy-User] ask.scipy.org registration not working

Ken Watford kwatford@gmail....
Thu Feb 9 10:55:43 CST 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 15:42, Jason Grout <jason-sage@creativetrax.com> wrote:
>
>> It looks like a python stackexchange site was just proposed:
>> http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/38281/python-programmers-hub
>
> And immediately shot down. StackOverflow wants all programming
> questions on StackOverflow.

To be fair, that proposal was "The same as StackOverflow, but just for Python".

I noticed there's a Computational Science stack:
http://scicomp.stackexchange.com/
Its "python" tag seems a tad underrepresented, but it's still in the
beta phase. It seems to have the same sort of focus as ask.scipy.org,
just without the "but just for Python" requirement. Perhaps this one
could be useful for scipy questions?