[SciPy-User] ANN: SciPy 0.10.1 release candidate 1

Samuel John scipy@samueljohn...
Tue Feb 14 13:49:40 CST 2012

On 13.02.2012, at 07:02, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> OS X Lion build is still very painful, if someone wants to have a go at making numpy/scipy work with llvm-gcc that would be very helpful.

I just tested clang with great success! With llvm-gcc I got segfaults in scipy. But not with clang.
Both, scipy 0.10.0 and numpy 1.6.1 compile with on OS X 10.7.3 with latest XCode:

````
    export CC=clang
    export CXX=clang++
    export FFLAGS='-ff2c'

    python setup.py build --fcompiler=gfortran
    python setup.py install
````

Just the known arpack related scipy failuers and umath_complex related failures numpy failures.
The only numpy failure which I am not sure about is:

    FAIL: Test basic arithmetic function errors
    AssertionError: Type <type 'numpy.complex64'> did not raise fpe error ''.

Does someone want to comment on clang or test it on Mac OS X (Lion) ?

cheers,
Samuel