[SciPy-User] ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found

Thu Feb 16 12:44:29 CST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:29 AM, Khary Richardson <surfcast23@gmail.com>wrote:

> 0 down vote favorite
> share [g+] share [fb] share [tw]
>
> Hi I downloaded and ran the numpy-1.6.1-win32-superpack-python3.2.exe,
> and I installed scipy-0.10.0.win32-py3.2 from the scipy sourceforge site.
> When I try to run a code that uses scipy.special I get the following error
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Documents and Settings\Khary\My Documents\PHYSICS\
> Physics\Bessel.py", line 5, in <module>
>     from scipy.special import jv, jvp
>   File "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\__init__.py", line
> 525, in <module>
>     from ._cephes import *
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
>
> any help woulb be great.
>
> Some more information would be helpful:
- are you on XP, Vista, Win7?
- how did you install Python (which binary)?
- does the file "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\_cephes.pyd"
exist?
- can you import and use other scipy packages?
- do you get any errors or failures for "import numpy; numpy.test('full')"?

Ralf