[SciPy-User] "Zero"-shape sparse matrices

eat e.antero.tammi@gmail....
Fri Feb 17 09:32:23 CST 2012

Hi,

Perhaps a slightly OT (and I'm not really answering to your question), but

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Jaakko Luttinen
<jaakko.luttinen@aalto.fi>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> To make a long story short, Scipy doesn't seem to allow sparse matrices
> that have length zero on any of the axes. For instance:
> C = numpy.ones((0,0))
> K = scipy.sparse.csc_matrix(C)
> ValueError: invalid shape
>
> It is possible to create a "zero"-shape dense matrix but not sparse.
> Why? To me, this seems like a bug.. Is it so?

what would you expect a  "zero"-shape sparse (or dense)
matrix actually represent?

Regards,
-eat