[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] adaptive simulated annealing (ASA)

Dieter Werthmüller Dieter.Werthmuller@ed.ac...
Tue Feb 21 12:32:21 CST 2012

Dear reader,

I give it another try with more explanation. If it remains unanswered I
will assume that such an implementation does not exist.

Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA) is a freely available code for
simulated annealing, see http://www.ingber.com/#ASA.

In 2007, Georg Holzmann was asking this list if there is an
implementation of that powerful code within SciPy, see
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2007-November/014549.html .

The responses back then were negative, suggesting Georg to wrap it
himself and referencing to swig.org.

I was wondering if the state of that issue, python wrapper for the ASA
code, changed in the last 4.5 years. And if not, is swig.org still the
best place to look for starting a wrapper myself?

I am aware that there is a Matlab wrapper for ASA, with is +/-
up-to-date (Feb 2011), see http://ssakata.sdf.org/software/ . I don't
know if this would help to create a wrapper for Python.

Many thanks,
Dieter

On 13/02/12 13:34, Dieter Werthmüller wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> The message 'adaptive simulated annealing (ASA)' is over four years old
> now, asking for a python implementation of ASA
> (http://www.ingber.com/#ASA).
>
> I was wondering if such an implementation is around today?
>
> Kind regards,
> Dieter

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.