[SciPy-User] a bit OT: running 2to3 on examples and docs automatically

Wed Feb 29 14:28:33 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 3:43 PM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a recipe how to run the 2to3 conversion automatically
> on extra folders, like scripts in docs folder and the examples folder.
>
> How are other packages handling this? Where should I look?
>
> I just followed scikits.image for adding 2to3 to setup.py for the
> source, but I didn't see anything about converting the examples.

I don't have an example to point you to, but there's probably not more to
it then writing a small script that finds all .rst and .txt doc files and
runs 2to3 on each file with the -d flag. I'd expect examples ending in .py
to be found already, but if not just find them in your examples folder in
that same script.

A comment in the statsmodels setup.py on how to convert with 2to3 might be
useful, I was expecting to find a call there to a numpy style conversion
script. I found it in README.txt in the end, but who reads READMEs these
days?

Ralf