[SciPy-User] Equivalent for matlab interpft

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus@yale....
Sun Jan 8 09:30:40 CST 2012

>> I've been trying to find a scypy/numpy implementation (or way to do it) for
>> the matlab 1-D interpolation using FFT (interpft).
>> It's eithter too simple or I just couldn't find it.
>>
>> No luck so far, I guess any suggestion is more than welcomed.
>
> scipy.signal.resample might do what you want
>
> there might be something in ndimage, but I don't know whether it uses fft.

The stuff in scipy.ndimage (zoom(), map_coordinates(), etc.) uses interpolating splines (order 0 to 5, user-specified) -- which, FYI, can be a bit prone to ringing in some cases.

scipy.signal.resample() uses FFTs, though I don't know if the implementation is identical to that in Matlab. Lots of options for windowing functions to avoid ringing, though.

Zach