[SciPy-User] [Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.11.0 release candidate 1

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Fri Jul 20 06:51:42 CDT 2012

On 20 July 2012 12:40, Virgil Stokes <vs@it.uu.se> wrote:
> Thanks Scott,
>
> This seemed to have worked, although there was an error message during the
> installation of scipy-0.11.0rc1-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe.

I don't know much about Windows, but don't think that the installer
removes your previous Scipy install first. You may want to try
removing Scipy first using Add/Remove programs then run the installer
again. If you still have problems try posting the full error message.
It's hard for anyone to guess what's wrong if you don't :)

> How can I determine if I indeed have installed SciPy 0.11.0rc1 successfully?

>>> import scipy
>>> scipy.__version__
>>> print scipy.__version__
0.11.0rc1