[SciPy-User] Spyder-Ubuntu 12.04 problem with SciPy 0.11.0rc1

Virgil Stokes vs@it.uu...
Sat Jul 21 06:19:09 CDT 2012

I installed SciPy 0.11.0rc1 on an Ubuntu 12.04 (64-bit) platform with what
seemed to be no problems.
However, when I ran Spyder it still was using SciPy 0.10.1. I then tried to
uninstall SciPy completely using

  >pip uninstall SciPy

which again seemed to be ok. But, now I was unable to execute Spyder! I tried
several times to uninstall and reinstall Spyder but I am stuck with no
possibility to run Spyder. I get no error; but, clicking in this application in
Ubuntu 12.04 seems to be ignored.

Any suggestions as to how to recover Spyder and how to get SciPy running again
would be appreciated.