[SciPy-User] Documentation

Sun Jul 22 14:33:39 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM, The Helmbolds <helmrp@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm interested in contributing to SciPy's documentation, but am uncertain
> who my point of contact should be.
> Please enlighten me.

That's great, welcome! As for a point of contact, usually the best idea is
posting to this list, in case of any questions or issues you need feedback
on or help with.

Do you have an interest in a certain module, or preference for improving
docstrings vs. contributing tutorial-style docs? Once we know that we could
give you some more specific ideas of things that need work.

As for the way to contribute, there are two for documentation:
- we have a wiki-style editor where you can edit all docs:
http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/Milestones/. There's some info for getting
started at http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/Front%20Page/. You'll need to ask
for edit permissions on this list after registering a username there.
- you can send pull requests with changes on Github. You can find useful
info related to that at
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/master/HACKING.rst.txt

Cheers,
Ralf