[SciPy-User] programming solutions for constraint satisfaction problems

hatmatrix hatmatrix@gmail....
Sun Jul 22 17:14:12 CDT 2012

Hi, I wonder if anyone has experience using any solvers from the following
packages for constraint satisfaction problems:

constraint: http://www.logilab.org/852
cspy: http://code.google.com/p/cspy-lib/
emma: http://www.eveutilities.com/products/emma

My needs are not too demanding, but wonder if you had a recommendation,
particularly regarding ease of use and scalability (speed).

Also, if I have an underdetermined problem in which the number of
constraints are small, will these solvers give me "a" solution or do I have
to instead specify a heuristic (e.g., least-norm) and reformulate the
problem specification?

Thanks.