[SciPy-User] scipy.pkgload() error

Johann Rohwer jr@sun.ac...
Tue Jul 31 01:18:10 CDT 2012

On Monday 30 July 2012 22:29:40 Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> 30.07.2012 21:52, Ralf Gommers kirjoitti:
> [clip]
>
> > My proposal would be to delete pkgload from the scipy namespace.
>
> Or maybe have it do __import__('scipy.' + pkgname)
> I had some old code that assumed pkgload would add the submodule to
> the main namespace, so maybe trying to restore this could be one
> option. Alternatively, just remove it...

I agree that
scipy.pkgload('io')		and			import scipy.io
are probably not much different. However, I did find the convenience
function
scipy.pkgload()
useful to load all the subpackages and it would be nice to have that
option, although it's of course not a show stopper.

--Johann

E-pos vrywaringsklousule

Hierdie e-pos mag vertroulike inligting bevat en mag regtens geprivilegeerd wees en is slegs bedoel vir die persoon aan wie dit geadresseer is. Indien u nie die bedoelde ontvanger is nie, word u hiermee in kennis gestel dat u hierdie dokument geensins mag gebruik, versprei of kopieer nie. Stel ook asseblief die sender onmiddellik per telefoon in kennis en vee die e-pos uit. Die Universiteit aanvaar nie aanspreeklikheid vir enige skade, verlies of uitgawe wat voortspruit uit hierdie e-pos en/of die oopmaak van enige lês aangeheg by hierdie e-pos nie.

E-mail disclaimer

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use, distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. The University does not accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or accessing any files attached to this e-mail.