[SciPy-User] scipy install on Mac

Thu Jun 7 16:16:29 CDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Irina Nudelman <irina.nudelman@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Ralf.
>
> I just tried what you said - I installed Python2.6. Then I ran the scipy
> installation again from disc image - this time it finished with "install
> succesfull". However, I still get the error saying there's no module named
> scipy when I run my code! Also, I don't know where exactly scipy got
> installed - when I search I only see the dmg file. Probably my code is
> still using the apple python, but if I got installation successful, why
> can't I at least see where scipy went?!

It's installed to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy.

If you installed the Python from python.org, opening a new terminal and
typing "python" should use the newly installed Python. You can check that
by:

>>> import os
>>> os.__file__
'/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/os.pyc'

Ralf