[SciPy-User] Finding contour polygons without matplotlib?

Sourish Basu sbasu@physics.cornell....
Mon Jun 25 04:54:48 CDT 2012

Hi all,

    Is there a way in scipy+numpy to calculate the contour polygons of a
field z=z(x,y) without invoking matplotlib? I would like to check
whether two points lie within the same contour polygons, without
invoking the contouring routine from matplotlib. I would like to avoid
matplotlib for two reasons. Firstly the cluster on which I work does not
have matplotlib, and secondly I would like to avoid the overhead of
plotting that would inevitably accompany repeated calls to the
matplotlib implementation of contour.

Thanks,

Sourish Basu