[SciPy-User] Finding contour polygons without matplotlib?

Thøger Rivera-Thorsen trive@astro.su...
Mon Jun 25 05:50:58 CDT 2012

I have been wanting something similar to this for a while too: the
ability to define polygons by data coordinates, not by plotting - they
are really a means to define regions of interest, not necessarily meant
to ever be visualized.

On 06/25/2012 11:54 AM, Sourish Basu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>      Is there a way in scipy+numpy to calculate the contour polygons of a
> field z=z(x,y) without invoking matplotlib? I would like to check
> whether two points lie within the same contour polygons, without
> invoking the contouring routine from matplotlib. I would like to avoid
> matplotlib for two reasons. Firstly the cluster on which I work does not
> have matplotlib, and secondly I would like to avoid the overhead of
> plotting that would inevitably accompany repeated calls to the
> matplotlib implementation of contour.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sourish Basu

Thøger Rivera-Thorsen