[SciPy-User] Useful libraries beyond numpy and scipy?

Paul Hobson pmhobson@gmail....
Tue Jun 26 19:32:48 CDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Brandon Stafford
<brandon@rascalmicro.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on a small board for scientists (and artists) that
> runs Python. The idea is to make something like an Arduino, but beefed
> up to handle real web traffic. Some background on the board at
> http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/13/rascal-micro-hands-on-video/ and
> more at http://rascalmicro.com
>
> I'm shipping boards with scipy and numpy preinstalled, and I'm
> wondering what other libraries complement those two well. I'm aware of
> (and actually have a library of my own listed on) the list at
> http://www.scipy.org/Topical_Software but it's hard to tell what's
> both mature and widely used.
>
> What are the top 3 or 4 libraries you use, either for control during
> experiments or for data analysis?

I love these bare bones machines that are coming out! I mostly use
(judging from my ipython history):
matplotlib
pandas
pyodbc/MySQLdb/psycopg2