[SciPy-User] Contributing to SciPy was Re: Least-squares fittings with bounds: why is scipy not up to the task?

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Wed Mar 14 02:04:28 CDT 2012

On 13 March 2012 16:47, denis <denis-bz-gg@t-online.de> wrote:
> 1) Q+As are I think well covered by stackoverflow, so don't reinvent
> that wheel
>    (although I liked advice.mechanicalkern.com)

I've always liked the idea of advice.mechanicalkern.com or
ask.scipy.org as a good way of hosting an FAQ (there is some good
content on both sites), but I guess we could encourage using Stack
Overflow instead.

> 2) there are quite a few sites to put up recipes
>    but 100 unsorted recipes do not make a cookbook
>    even with a snazzy cover.
>    Sure user feedback, comments, weeding, organizing are important
>    but weeding and sorting scipy.org/Cookbook is difficult-to-
> impossible,
>    not happening. (Don't see what copying the lot would gain us.)

Selective copying could be useful, but that's still a lot of work and
it doesn't look like there are (m)any volunteers at this stage.

Cheers,
Scott