[SciPy-User] Contributing to SciPy was Re: Least-squares fittings with bounds: why is scipy not up to the task?

Cameron Hayne cameron.hayne@dftmicrosystems....
Wed Mar 14 14:16:10 CDT 2012

On 14-Mar-12, at 6:12 AM, Scott Sinclair wrote:

> I still think that recipes which tell me how to do task X, with
> package Y are better hosted in the documentation/online resources of
> package Y.

But that is only useful when you know that you need to use package Y.
The cookbook should answer the question "How do I do X ?" (without any
reference to specific packages).
For example, it should answer the question "How can I fit my data to a
straight line?" - the answer would show several ways of doing that
(with different scipy packages) and discuss the pros/cons of each way.

--
Cameron Hayne
hayne@sympatico.ca