[SciPy-User] linalg.eigh hangs only after importing sparse module

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Mar 30 13:03:54 CDT 2012

29.03.2012 17:28, Nicolas Pinto kirjoitti:
>> I think you should also verify this by copying `_interpolate.so` outside Scipy
>> and importing it --- namely, `from scipy.interpolate import ...` import also
>> `scipy.sparse` so you cannot pinpoint the problem to `_interpolate`.
>
> Good point. I can still reproduce the bug by copying `_interpolate.so`.

To get further, the following information is needed:

- which platform?
- which binaries?
- which LAPACK?

I'm assuming you're on 64-bit Windows 7. If so, I don't have good clues
on how to fix or debug the issue. However, if it's really the C++
runtime that is causing the problems, then compiling Numpy/Scipy with a
different compiler could fix the problem.

--
Pauli Virtanen