[SciPy-User] faster expm

Alex Leach beamesleach@gmail....
Wed Nov 7 09:57:49 CST 2012

On Wednesday 07 Nov 2012 10:04:55 Jonathan Helmus wrote:
 > Alex this is some very nice work.  Unfortunately I don't think the
> Expokit licensed (http://www.maths.uq.edu.au/expokit/copyright) is
> compatible with the BSD license SciPy uses. Specifically approval must
> be obtain before commercial use.  Including the package in the Topical
> Software list and/or the SciPy Cookbook/SciPy Central might be prudent.
>
>      - Jonathan Helmus

(sorry, replied directly before)

Hi Jonathan,

Good spot about the license issue. That's a shame, but seems like the author
might give SciPy permission to use it, if asked..

Including it as a package, documented build method, or otherwise would be
cool. If someone wants to go ahead and do that, that's fine; I don't think I
have the access rights (or the time, really) to do any of that myself.

One other thing; just did a diff to see if I'd made any other changes. Looks
like I also had to edit some calls to the matvec functions. Converted C code
fails during compilation without them. Universal diff attached.

Cheers,
Alex