[SciPy-User] cubic spline interpolation - derivative value in an end point

Maxim spamaxx@gmail....
Fri Nov 23 03:19:41 CST 2012

I have a 1D function which is defined on [-1; 1] and it's symmetrical (with
respect to 0). I want to construct a cubic spline interpolation of the function
on [0; 1] (using, for example, interpolate.splrep and interpolate.splev
functions) and as I know that the function is smooth, I must specify a
derivative of the function in 0 to be 0).

How can I manually define a derivative in one of the end points?

Thanks,
Maxim