[SciPy-User] cubic spline interpolation - derivative value in an end point

Paweł Kwaśniewski pawel.kw@gmail....
Fri Nov 23 04:52:45 CST 2012

Hi,

I don't really understand why you want to specify the derivative at 0. If,
as you say, your function has a 0 derivative at 0, if you interpolate the
function on the complete range where it is defined: [-1:1] with
interpolate.splrep(), you can later evaluate it with splev() on whatever
range you wish, like [0:1], and it should have the proper derivative.

Cheers,

Paweł