[SciPy-User] New Scipy website

Paweł Kwaśniewski pawel.kw@gmail....
Tue Nov 27 06:10:39 CST 2012

Hi Thomas,

I'm currently using Fedora 17 (x86_64), and here the set of packages listed
on the scipy installation instructions site can be installed using the
following command:

> sudo yum install numpy scipy python-matplotlib ipython python-pandas
sympy python-nose

The versions available in the repositories can be viewed by running:

> sudo yum info numpy scipy python-matplotlib ipython python-pandas sympy
python-nose

The above command will not install anything, just print the info. I attach
the output of this command run today. I hope this helps.

As for myself, I prefer to use the pip installer, since the repository
versions seem to have quite a lag in Fedora. This could also be listed as a
way to install different python packages, as it's quite simple:

> sudo pip install <package_name>

Cheers,

Paweł