[SciPy-User] Which stats package am I missing for a function to do L-moments to Pearson 3 parameters calculation?

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Nov 28 17:31:52 CST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM, James Adams <monocongo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have also found Python code in CDAT which appears to provide this
> here: http://www2-pcmdi.llnl.gov/cdat/contrib/lmomentsdoc
> (specifically the PELPE3 function).  Does this look reasonable?  Has
> anyone else ever used CDAT, is it solid, etc.?  It looks like it'll be
> a bear to install, so I don't want to start down that path unless
> it'll probably be worth it.

It looks like another wrapper of J. R. M. HOSKING's fortran code, the
wrapper looks like just a thin f2py wrapper.
Maybe the same is available in the hydroclimpy wrapper. I never
checked how complete the wrapping is.

Josef