[SciPy-User] Scipy stack: standard packages (poll)

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Oct 3 11:06:10 CDT 2012

Following on from recent discussion here and on the numfocus list, I'm
trying to work out the set of packages that should make up a
standardised 'scipy stack'. We've determined that Python, numpy,
scipy, matplotlib and IPython are to be included. Then there's a list
that have got a 'maybe': pandas, statsmodels, sympy, scikits-learn,
scikits-image, PyTables, h5py, NetworkX, nose, basemap & netCDF4.

My aim is to have a general set of packages that you can do useful
work with, and will stand up to the competition (particularly Matlab &
R), but without gaining too many subject-specific packages. But I
don't know what's generally useful and what's subject specific.

Vote at: http://www.doodle.com/ma6rnpnbfc6wivu9

It's set up so you can vote for or against a package, or abstain if
you're not sure - I've abstained on most of them myself.

Thanks,
Thomas