[SciPy-User] Scipy stack: standard packages (poll)

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Oct 4 04:38:19 CDT 2012

On 4 October 2012 02:00,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where I do see a potentially big advantage as a maintainer of
> statsmodels is in code sharing and being able to rely on more
> consistent package versions by users.

That's a good point: one of my other aims is that packages can more
comfortably rely on things in the specification - similar to relying
on the Python standard library. For example, I recall statsmodels was
looking at adding formula support: I imagine there are tools in Sympy
that you could use in this. It looks likely that Sympy will be part of
the specification, so maybe there's less need to provide fallback
functionality for when it's not installed.

Thomas