[SciPy-User] Scipy stack: standard packages (poll)

Travis Oliphant travis@continuum...
Thu Oct 4 17:00:22 CDT 2012

On Oct 4, 2012, at 4:39 PM, Dharhas Pothina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just voted on the poll, but i think the issue of whether package will be in epd free or not is kinda orthogonal to this discussion. I realize that having all the 'standard' packages in epd free would be an awesome thing but isn't that a business decision enthought needs to make. Epd is not the only way to get packages installed, but it is a very convenient one and if enthought wants to make epd free with a more limited subset of packages and have the full licensed epd be the standard compliant version, I don't see anything really wrong with that. After all they are providing a value added service by doing the cross platform packaging.

I agree that the poll should not discuss what Enthought is doing with EPD free.  That's really quite a different question.     Anaconda CE from Continuum is another way you can get all the packages we are discussing in a cross platform way for free.

-Travis