[SciPy-User] Scipy stack: standard packages (poll)

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Oct 7 18:40:54 CDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> If there are any points about this or about the rest of the standard
> that you think we haven't already discussed, then please raise them
> now. As it stands, the draft standard we've worked out includes numpy,
> scipy, matplotlib, ipython, pandas, sympy and nose (plus a few
> dependencies). I think that's quite a good starting point, so this is
> kind of a last call for comments before we declare the standard done.

+1 for moving on with this fairly conservative but solid base.  Once
we sort out the kinks with this more targeted core, we can revisit
this with an eye towards a more expanded definition of the spec.

Kudos to you for hitting a good balance of discussion and action!