[SciPy-User] Volume of convex hulls from Delaunay triangulation

Eric Bruning eric.bruning@gmail....
Fri Oct 12 19:16:41 CDT 2012

Are there any known edge or degenerate cases with the simplex volume
calculation in scipy.spatial's test_qhull.py (1)? Applying this method
to my dataset, some of the volumes are negative and some are positive,
which might just be the 3D analogue of area with a different surface
normal.

The goal is to get the total volume of the convex hull, which I assume
I can just do by summing the absolute values of the individual simplex
volumes.

(1) https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/master/scipy/spatial/tests/test_qhull.py#L106

Thanks,
Eric