[SciPy-User] distributions: negative scale

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Mon Oct 15 21:29:23 CDT 2012

<sending a draft from last week for general amusement>

https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/336

I'm trying to figure out what's the difference between gamma and
Pearson Type III distribution.
In my quick reading there is no difference in the general form.
However, it looks like we should allow for a negative scale.

Why doesn't scipy.stats.distributions allow for a negative scale?

scaling is just a linear transformation, and it's the same for the pdf
whether the scale factor is positive or negative.

oops,
for the cdf the integration limits are reversed, ....
ok, that requires work, so we better postpone this indefinitely.

Josef