[SciPy-User] Masked array output from scipy.io.netcdf_file

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Tue Oct 16 21:36:42 CDT 2012

Hello,

Is there any interest out to read data as masked array if a netcdf file
variable contains appropriate filled_value attribute or if asked explicitly
using scipy.io.netcdf_file?

Right now, I use netcdf4-python's Dataset constructor to read bunch of
variables, and I was planning to replace it with netcdf_file module.
However, I see that netcdf_file cannot automatically construct masked
arrays from the file. I only read from netcdf files, not writing, so this
would eliminate an external dependency to run my script.

Thanks.

--
Gökhan