[SciPy-User] a TOST

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Tue Oct 16 22:08:43 CDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> TOST is a long established name in statistics
>>>
>>> exercise: look at how much SAS TTEST can do
>>>
>>> http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_ttest_a0000000128.htm
>>> and ours are ... <limited>

to continue

in R:

> t.test(var1 ~ fact, data=clinic, mu=-0.6, alternative="greater")

        Welch Two Sample t-test

data:  var1 by fact
t = 3.0205, df = 26.748, p-value = 0.002749
alternative hypothesis: true difference in means is greater than -0.6
95 percent confidence interval:
 -0.2666863        Inf
sample estimates:
mean in group 1 mean in group 2
       3.498000        3.333333

scipy.stats.ttest_ind is missing a ``mu`` argument, difference in mean to test

Without it, an equivalence test for independent samples cannot be simply
written on top of it.

volunteers?

Josef

another TOST
---------------
tost {equivalence}	R Documentation
Computes a TOST for equivalence from paired or unpaired data
Description

This function computes the test and key test quantities for the two
one-sided test for equivalence, as documented in Schuirmann (1981) and
Westlake (1981). This function computes the test for a sample of
paired differences or two samples, assumed to be from a
normally-distributed population.
Usage

tost(x, y = NULL, alpha = 0.05, epsilon, ...)