[SciPy-User] Rotated, Anisotropic Gaussian Filtering (Kernel Density Estimation)

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus@yale....
Thu Oct 18 10:18:15 CDT 2012

> 1. Is there a way to do an image rotation such that grid points aren't lost when using a spline of order 0?

When resampling binary data, I usually do transforms with spline order 1 or 2, and then threshold the data back to binary after the transform. This anecdotally "looks better" but I have no idea about any theoretical backing for it, and I would doubt that the count of elements would necessarily be the same before and after.