[SciPy-User] Rotated, Anisotropic Gaussian Filtering (Kernel Density Estimation)

Daπid davidmenhur@gmail....
Fri Oct 19 09:34:39 CDT 2012

If you are going to apply different filters to the same image, it may
be faster to switch to the Fourier transform. In  this case, the
result is the IFT of the FT of your data multiplied by the FT of your
kernel.

Doing all the FT may be expensive, but it can be useful if you are
reusing the data, and Scipy is linked to very optimized FFT libraries.