[SciPy-User] Orthogonal polynomials on the unit circle

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Oct 27 10:38:57 CDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 3:19 AM, David Warde-Farley
<wardefar@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:40 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthogonal_polynomials_on_the_unit_circle
>> with link to handbook
>>
>> application: goodness of fit for circular data
>> http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-842X.2009.00558.x/abstract
>>
>> Are those available anywhere in python land?
>>
>> What's the difference between orthogonal polynomials on the unit
>> circle and periodic polynomials like Fourier series?
>>
>> Josef
>> circular statistics - what's that?
>> It's like TDD, you go in circles
>
> I have some code somewhere for Zernike polynomials if you're
> interested. I was using them for rotation-invariant feature
> extraction.

Thanks David. For now I'm looking at the circle, and from what I have
seen Zernike polynomials are for disks or similar shapes.

Josef