[SciPy-User] equivalent of R quantile function in scipy to compute percentiles?

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart@normalesup....
Wed Sep 5 05:56:04 CDT 2012

scipy.stats.scoreatpercentile (quantiles evaluated from one realization)

or, for a given a distribution, the ppf (percent point distribution)
method of scipy.stats probability distributions, like

>>> normal_dis = scipy.stats.norm()
>>> normal_dis.ppf(0.01)
-2.3263478740408408
>>> normal_dis.ppf(0.99)