[SciPy-User] Naming Ideas

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Sep 6 07:04:25 CDT 2012

On 6 September 2012 12:42, Brennan Williams
<brennan.williams@visualreservoir.com> wrote:
> However if you
> mentally step a few years into the future I think everyone might be
> comfortable with scipy being a "scipy related suite".

I guess my difficulty with this is that for what I do, I've rarely
used the diverse numerical functions in SciPy. I use matplotlib quite
a bit, and I know numpy underlies just about everything in this field,
but to me, it doesn't feel like a "scipy related suite", more a Python
suite including SciPy.

I also haven't used Matlab, and I used pylab for some time before
discovering that the name referred to Matlab. So personally I don't
see that as a showstopper.

Thomas