[SciPy-User] looking for real testcases for Nelder-Mead fmin

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Fri Sep 7 14:26:19 CDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 6:59 PM, denis <denis-bz-gg@t-online.de> wrote:

> Folks,
>    I'm looking for real or realistic testcases for Nelder-Mead
> minimization of noisy functions, 2d to 10d or so, unconstrained
> or box constraints, preferably not sum-of-squares and not Rosenbrock et al.
> to wring out a new implementation that has restarts and verbose.
> (Would like to discuss ways to restart too
> but more ideas than test functions => never converge.)
>
> First-cut doc is under
>
> http://htmlpreview.github.com/?https://github.com/denis-bz/nelder-mead/blob/master/doc/Nelder-Mead-py.html
> (if anyone knows how to display html directly, please let me know,
> git noob.)

If you write it in reST, you can give it a .rst.txt extension and Github
will render it correctly.

And just in case you didn't see it, this may be useful:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/90

Ralf